Getting Your Closet Summer Ready
With the warm weather and COVID-19 restrictions slowly lifting in Toronto and the GTA, going out for drinks at a patio, going hiking with the family, and spending time at the parks all have been activities a lot of us have been enjoying. It might be helpful to tackle your closet to help make planning your outfits for all the summer activities and adventures you have planned! At XYZ Storage, we want to help you lessen the stress about finding your favourite shoes or dress minutes before having to head out the door.
What Is Decluttering and How Can It Help Me?
Decluttering is the process of deciding whether you want to keep or get rid of something. In this case, it would be if you want to keep a specific clothing item or is it time to part ways. If it no longer brings you joy, does not fit, or is damaged and no longer wearable the question becomes what do you do with your clothes that you no longer have a use for.
To learn more about how decluttering can help your mental health and save you time in your daily life, please feel free to check our past blog post on Top Benefits of Decluttering.
What to Do With Clothes I No Longer Want?
There are plenty of options when it comes to clothing items you no longer want as part of your summer closet.
- Donate – donating a piece of clothing and even multiple pieces of clothing might end up bringing a lot of joy to others. Remember, another person’s trash may be another person’s treasure. It is especially important during unprecedented times like this that we be kind whenever we can and help bring smiles to people’s faces.
- Sell – interested in a side hustle and making a little side money? Selling your clothing on websites or applications where their sole purpose is allowing you to look for buyers to purchase your items could be extremely beneficial. For instance, Facebook Marketplace or Depop could be worthwhile to look into.
- Storage – not ready to part ways with your belongings just yet, but have no space for them? Self-storage can be a great option to store your clothing items temporarily. If you are getting your summer closet ready and have no space for your other seasonal belongings, place them in storage for the time being.
How Can I Organize My Closet?
Organizing your closet can be a daunting task especially if you have a lot of clothes. However, hopefully by decluttering your closet, it doesn’t seem so scary and you are able to manage to organize what you still currently have. Some of the tips we have for you when organizing your closet are:
- Using baskets to organize socks, undergarments, etc.
- Hangers to separate all of your clothing pieces
- Organizing clothing items by clothing category (e.g. one section for t-shirts and one for dresses) or by occasion/activity (e.g. hiking, swimming, patio outfits, etc.)
- Organizing by colour or patterns
However, how you organize your closet is up to you and how you can find clothing items best without ending up with a huge pile on the floor.
Who Can Help Me Store My Belongings?
We at XYZ Storage would be more than happy to help you out with exactly that! Feel free to reach out to us for any of your storage needs whether it be storing clothes temporarily for the summer season or storing your furniture for the next year while you go off the grid! We have locations across Toronto for your convenience. As we are still taking safety precautions against COVID-19 when visiting our facilities please adhere to our rules regarding facial coverings and social distancing.
We hope you and your loved ones are continuing to stay safe and healthy!